Our Washington DC / Baltimore, MD offices have an immediate opening for two (2) Assistant Project Managers, one with high voltage electrical substation experience and one with transmission experience, to join our expanding team. As an Assistant Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to expand the foundation of your career by joining an ENR top-ranked program management and construction-management-for-fee firm. You will be an essential member of our growing team by transforming our client’s vision into a strategy, converting that strategy into a plan, and moving quickly into executable action.
McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. McKissack & McKissack seeks individuals to join our growing organization who have excellent academic and/or work experience, integrity, and client-focused attitudes.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Aids in the planning, execution, and finalization of projects per strict deadlines and within budget, including acquiring resources and assessing quality control throughout project completion.
- Provides administrative assistance on assigned projects.
- Assists the Project Executive, Senior Project Manager and Project Manager as assigned.
- Provides monthly reports on the status of current projects.
- Conducts bid openings in accordance with procurement regulations.
- Conducts reports on budget, schedule, and quality control parameters as established by the Project Executive, Project Director and/or Project Manager.
- Processes all construction contracts.
- Processes all construction change orders.
- Processes all purchase orders.
- Maintains logs on change orders, purchase orders, and payments.
- Reviews and recommends all payment applications.
- Creates and maintains project schedules.
- Attends on-site progress meetings.
- Flexibility and versatility in performing the duties of Assistant Project Manager and Construction Manager may be necessary for this position.
What We Are Looking For::
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Construction Management, or related field.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in high voltage electrical substation design and construction.
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM) is a plus.
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Skill in eliciting information and cooperation from clients, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Key competencies: critical thinking and problem-solving skills, adaptability, decision-making, communication skills, teamwork, planning, and organizing stress tolerance and conflict resolution.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter Smart Benefits
- On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer