AVIATION CONSTRUCTION COST ESTIMATOR
McKissack & McKissack, an outgrowth of the oldest African American-owned architecture engineering in the country, has a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high-profile projects for government and private sector clients.
We are seeking leaders that exhibit the attributes of a great team player, Humble, Hungry and Smart:
Humble: being of little ego; focusing more on their teammates than themselves.
Hungry: strong work ethic and drive.
Smart: what they say or do has a positive outcome on those around them.
Your Role (High level):
Provide independent cost estimates, review change requests for validity against contract documents, develop budget numbers, etc. for aviation projects
Your Role (Logistics):
Reporting To: Client Project Manager
Who Reports to You: N/A
Where You Work: Hybrid (Washington, D.C. Office)
Your Salary: TBD (based on experience)
Your Role (Responsibilities):
• Apply estimating practices, techniques, processes and procedures to complete bottoms-up comprehensive estimates for assigned projects including change requests, independent cost estimates, etc.
• Assist program management with preparation of schedules for estimate preparation, define resource requirements for estimate deliverables, review Client task requests for estimate deliverables, and documents and publication involving impacts to probable project/program cost.
• Utilizes knowledge in resources skills sets and duration required to prepare and deliver task assigned.
• Prepare material takeoffs for the most complex projects, drawings, plans, and specifications. Review takeoffs and checks for mathematical and technical accuracy.
• Review contractual documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and scope changes.
• Quantify the impacts to contract cost as a matter of contractual commercial terms and conditions based on stipulations given in the general conditions and commercial terms section of a contract.
• Reviews labor and equipment rates, crew development, production rates, efficiencies, material pricing, and job condition cost to deliver reasonable estimates of probable contract cost.
• Travel, as required, with project managers to Client job sites (Northern Virginia) for scope evaluation to assist with preparation of cost estimates.
• Manage and lead the accumulation, evaluation, and documentation of restrictions, contract terms, contract execution plan, procedures, and methods in order to maintain current estimating database information and cost data.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as deemed appropriate.
What we NEED you to Have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, OR MINIMUM 10 years’ related field (or equivalent experience)
• MINIMUM 7 years’ related work experience involving typical estimating activities – Electrical or Mechanical focus
• Previous work experience in aviation projects using estimating database supported software in construction industry
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient skill using project controls software such as: R.S. Means, Primavera scheduling software, Estimate/Schedule Transfer tools
• Previous work experience managing and creating construction contract commercial documents, drawings and specifications
What we WANT you to Have:
• MINIMUM 3 years’ experience managing Electrical or Mechanical Estimating teams
What you get:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company-paid holidays
• Vacation and Sick Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
Please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org