McKissack & McKissack has an immediate opening for a Civil CAD Designer to join our expanding team. As a Civil CAD Designer, you will be responsible for the design, under the supervision of an engineer, and drafting of Civil Infrastructure.
McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. McKissack & McKissack seeks individuals to join our growing organization who have excellent academic and/or work experience, integrity, and client-focused attitudes.
McKissack & McKissack has an immediate opening for a Civil CAD Designer to join our expanding team. As a Civil CAD Designer, you will be responsible for the design, under the supervision of an engineer, and drafting of Civil Infrastructure, including but not limited to: Roadway, Water, Sewer, Storm drain, gas, electric and other dry utility layout; locating and layout of buildings and other site features; preparing topography survey maps; conceptual and precise roadway and site grading and drainage plans; profiles, cross sections and details; and providing coordination with design team, clients and agencies.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Create detailed engineering drawings for all areas of utility projects with the design criteria and project requirements
- Create horizontal and vertical alignments, profiles, surfaces, cross sections and annotation
- Design and layout of erosion and sediment control devices
- Management and distribution of digital files of various types between clients, team members and other team consultants
- Review CAD files, prepared by others, and conform them to and established CAD Standard
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to lower classified drafting personnel
- Review the work of drafting personnel to assure accuracy and conformance to design requirements.
- Perform work assignments in accordance with the project scope of work and with applicable CAD drafting standards
- Work with others as a contributing member of the project design team.
- May be assigned as a CAD leader to set drafting standards, monitor drafting production and ensure growth of lower classified drafting personnel.
- Other Duties as assigned by the engineering staff.
- Minimum of 5 years of Civil / Transportation design and drafting experience
- Highly proficient with Microstation V81 and later
- Recent experience with GIS for viewing, importing and exporting existing conditions data
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering not required but a plus
- Familiarity with document control systems used in the AEC industry a strong plus.
- Software Experience Requirements:
- Microstation (highly proficient with Microstation v81 and later)
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- AutoCAD Map 3D
- Adobe Pro
- MS Office Products
- Bentley InRoads
- Bentley GeoPak
- Autodesk Vehicle Tracking or AutoTurn
- ArcGIS Online
- Autodesk Storm and Sanitary
- AutoCAD Geotechnical
- AutoCAD Raster Design
- MS Project
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter SmartBenefits
- On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.