McKissack and McKissack has an immediate opening for a Civil Design Engineer in Chicago, IL. We are seeking a self-motivated individual, interested in personal growth, who wants to be a member of our growing team. This person is expected to be in a key role on roadway and infrastructure design projects.
McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. McKissack & McKissack seeks individuals to join our growing organization who have excellent academic and/or work experience, integrity, and client-focused attitudes
As a result of a growing, diverse client base, McKissack & McKissack has an immediate opening for a Civil Design Engineer in Chicago, IL. We are seeking a self-motivated individual, interested in personal growth, who wants to be a member of our growing team. This person is expected to be in a key role on roadway and infrastructure design projects. Position requires the ability to serve as a responsible design engineer for project components and to coordinate with other design disciplines. It is important that this position can support project teams from initial planning through design to construction. Projects will generally involve roadway and highway design for local governments, state departments of transportation, toll authorities, airport authority, and private clients
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design of urban and rural infrastructure including site design, roadways, highways, complete streets, pedestrians, intersection geometrics, bicycle lanes/paths, and driveways.
- Design of Federal Aviation Administration and Chicago Department of Aviation facilities within airfield.
- Experienced in 3D modeling and cross section development utilizing Open Roads Corridor Modeler. Developing construction documents.
- Preparing quantity calculations, cost estimates, and special provisions.
- Agency coordination (Utilities, Airlines, CDA, FAA, DOTs, Municipalities)
- Permit submittal and tracking
- Collaborating with other design disciplines, project engineers, and discipline leads.
- Managing technical tasks and design team (including technical tasks, budgets, and schedule). Other duties as assigned.
- Review weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and potential changes
- Responsible for invoice management
- Attend client program meetings as needed
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Construction Management, or related field
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience. Note: any equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Must have experience with aviation projects in the construction industry – the ability to speak aviation with a design or management focus.
- Working Knowledge of Microstation. GeoPak knowledge preferred.
- Chicago Department of Aviation and/or Federal Aviation Administration experience preferred.
- Familiarity and / or experience with the 7460 process and airspace evaluations
- Familiarity and / or experience with airport utility coordination processes/dig books
- Familiarity with Airport procedures
- Good communications and people skills
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter SmartBenefits
- On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.