McKissack & McKissack, an outgrowth of the oldest African American-owned architecture engineering in the country, has a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high-profile projects for government and private sector clients.
We are seeking leaders that exhibit the attributes of a great team player, Humble, Hungry and Smart:
Humble: being of little ego; focusing more on their teammates than themselves.
Hungry: strong work ethic and drive.
Smart: what they say or do has a positive outcome on those around them.
Your Role (High level):
• Provide technical and engineering support to the Regional managers including Regional program Director
• Reads and interprets construction plans, specifications and shop drawings
• Assists in preparing written materials including correspondence, reports, procedures, and guidelines
• Supports development of daily/weekly/monthly project status reports and photos reports for project team
• Reviews, estimates, negotiates, and processes construction change orders and construction field orders
Your Role (Logistics):
Reporting To: Regional Program Director
Who Reports to You: N/A
Where You Work:
Your Salary: MINIMUM $75,000
Your Role (Responsibilities):
• Provides technical and engineering support to the Regional managers including Regional Program Director
• Coordinates with Program Management Office (PMO) staff, contractors, architects, engineers, inspectors, consultants and College staff
• Participates in, and occasionally runs, design construction, or pre-bid meetings
• Makes field checks on construction, demolition, rehabilitation, alteration addition or repair projects to determine compliance with job specifications, plans, established College standards, and Division of the State Architect (DSA) requirements
• Reviews and enforces construction and professional services contracts
• Manages and directs contractors and outside consultants including reviewing and approving invoices
• Assesses project risks and develops risk registers including mitigation strategies
• Facilitates resolutions of construction and design issues
• Coordinates with Architects for timely and accurate responses to requests for information, submittals, Construction Change Documents, etc..
• Generates and distributes meeting minutes (construction meetings, design meetings, etc..)
• Confirms contractor’s maintenance of record drawings prior to monthly progress payments to the Contractor
• Maintain project files in both electronic and paper format
• Reviews contractor submittals for conformance to plans and specifications
• Generates and drafts Proposed Board Actions (PBA)
• Prepares Scope of Work and procurement documents for solicitation of consultant and contractor services.
• Manages close-out of construction projects, including, but not limited to, punch-lists, as-builts, archiving, and DSA certification.
• Other job-related duties or projects as assigned.
What We NEED You to Have:
• MINIMUM 4 years’ recent professional experience in a similar or equivalent position involved in project or construction
• BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related degree (Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis).
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to take initiative and make sound decisions.
What we WANT you to Have:
• Experience on Educational programs/projects.
• Experience on Division of State Architect (DSA) projects.
• Experience on large public works programs.
• Experience with Proliance or similar PMIS systems
• Professional Engineer License (PE), Certified Construction Manager (CCM), or similar credentials
What you get:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company-paid holidays
• Vacation and Sick Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
Please forward you cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer and is dedicated to providing employment and promotional opportunities based on individual merit. Qualified minorities, females, disabled individuals, and veterans are encouraged to apply.