McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work.
McKissack and McKissack has an immediate opening for a Staff Public Involvement Specialist. This is an exciting opportunity to represent the interests of a major corporation before several community organizations and other public and private stakeholders in the greater Baltimore area. Develop and maintain a community outreach plan, including development of stakeholder communication plans and printed collateral. Develop documents and presentations, communications, status reports, progress updates to various stakeholders. Perform communication outreach to counties, municipalities, communities, subdivisions, HOA, and individual residents in advance of, or during, field project execution. Work closely with Client corporation’s Communications and External Affairs teams to attain alignment on strategy and messaging. Develop social media outreach plan and track, respond, and follow up to customer inquiries. Manage a schedule of communications.
• Take responsibility and work independently, as well as participate in team efforts.
• Utilize strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications, and professional skill sets to promote and explain Clients services and projects.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders encountered in the performance of duties.
• Enhance own development by taking responsibility for staying informed and up to date with industry knowledge.
• Exercise sound judgment in applying appropriate policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate creative problem solving and commercial awareness.
• Communicate effectively both verbally (by phone and in-person) and in written form.
• Manage projects and time efficiently.
• Effectively track customer interactions using customer relations management or similar system.
• Coordinate work with community groups.
• Manage multiple priorities and quickly adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Develop or contribute to high-quality writing, research and communication work products.
• Work accurately and swiftly under pressure.
• Demonstrate patience, tact, courtesy, and flexibility.
Experience/Education: Education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree (BA) in communications, public administration, environmental planning or a related field and two (2) years of experience in community outreach, or equivalent experience. Experience working at a utility or any energy organization is a plus.
Licenses: Possession and continued maintenance of a valid driver’s license.
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company-paid holidays
• Vacation and Sick Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law