Our Dallas, TX office has an immediate opening for a Construction Manager for K-12 projects.
McKissack & McKissack, an outgrowth of the oldest African American-owned architecture engineering in the country, has a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high-profile projects for government and private sector clients.
We are seeking leaders that exhibit the attributes of a great team player, Humble, Hungry and Smart:
- Humble: being of little ego; focusing more on their teammates than themselves
- Hungry: strong work ethic and drive.
- Smart: what they say or do has a positive outcome on those around them
Your Role (High level):
The K12 Construction Project Manager will manage all aspects of up to six large and complex construction projects on the client site or other construction/project sites as assigned including design, construction, and procurement efforts ensuring project quality, scheduling, and budgeting goals are achieved.
Your Role (Logistics):
Reporting To: TX VP OPERATIONS or TX PROJECT EXECUTIVE
Who Reports to You: Superintendent, subcontractors and design team
Where You Work: Client Site (hybrid in-office & on school site)
Your Salary: MINIMUM $85,000
Your Role (Responsibilities):
- Manages full construction project lifecycle, from initial project planning phases through completion of construction.
- Meets with clients, architects, engineers, and other design personnel to establish project plans, budgets and schedules.
- Coordinates construction project resources and tracks project progress against established timelines and schedules.
- Ensures work is completed on time, within budget and to specification.
- Acts as a liaison between the client and project team members regarding changes or problems.
- Selects, negotiates with, and coordinates work of vendors, contractors, or sub-contractors.
- Responsible for material management and deliver scheduling tasks in support of assigned projects.
- Tracks project progress against milestones, budgetary guidelines, or other performance indicators and prepares and delivers reports to management.
- Provides project contract administration, reviews vendor invoices and change orders.
- Leads and directs the work of other employees.
- Implements policies, practices and procedures that have a significant impact on the department.
What We NEED You to Have:
- Minimum of years' experience MANAGING K12 construction projects, process, vendors, and personnel from planning to project closeout
- Minimum 3+ years' comprehensive experience in K12 construction policies, procedures, and practices
- Minimum 2+ years managing full-scope construction projects.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience using the following skills in the workplace: emotional intelligence, relationship building, organization, communication (written and oral), listening, and problem-solving
What we WANT you to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Architecture, Planning, Construction Management, or related field
- Knowledge of TX’ construction market and contract negotiation skills
What you get:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company-paid holidays
• Vacation and Sick Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.