Our Washington DC / Baltimore, MD offices have an immediate opening for two (2) Construction Managers, one with high voltage electrical transmission experience and one with substation experience, to join our expanding team. As a Construction Manager, you will have the opportunity to expand the foundation of your career by joining an ENR top-ranked program management and construction-management-for-fee firm. You will be an essential member of our growing team by transforming our client’s vision into a strategy, converting that strategy into a plan, and moving quickly into executable action.
McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. McKissack & McKissack seeks individuals to join our growing organization who have excellent academic and/or work experience, integrity, and client-focused attitudes.
What You Will Be Doing:
Oversee the total construction effort of assigned projects to ensure projects are safely constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Manage the construction process and provide updates and reports to the appropriate internal and external business partners.
- Resolve any issues that may arise, by providing solutions and/or guidance and reporting any impact to operations, the schedule, and the budget.
- Be the primary contact for the operations team.
- Report site conditions and provide guidance for contractor to remediate.
- Track construction progress, review sites/conditions and conduct delivery inspection with Contractor.
- Conduct construction RFP process with General Contractors, negotiate final construction contract.
- Determine construction schedule, manage the job schedule with vendors and coordinators and conduct final inspection with the appropriate stakeholders identifying any deficiencies.
- Ensure that all outstanding construction related punch list items are completed to satisfaction of the owner.
- Provide cost guidance with respect to any changes to the project.
- Review all construction related costs on the project, identify any potential opportunities for savings and value engineering.
- Periodically conduct the RFP process to introduce new vendors in order to capture potential efficiencies and economics.
- Provide guidance to project team regarding potential warranty issues with regards to Owner required Contractor work.
- Interfacing with Client, Design Team, Subcontractors & Suppliers.
- Interface with Estimating Department.
- Develop, Manage & Update Project Schedule.
- Manage & Control Project Budget.
- Create Subcontract Agreements & Purchase Orders.
- Administer Correspondence, Submittals, RFI’s etc.
- Manage Revisions & Change Orders.
- Proper project reporting.
- Preparation of the project status reports and works to ensure work adheres to contract specifications.
- Develop custom quality control and safety plans based on best practices and industry standards.
- Implement and manage quality control and safety plans.
- Possess and apply comprehensive knowledge to the development and implementation of quality control and safety programs.
- Reviews project processes and procedures, evaluates and analyzes results while developing best practices and updating quality control and safety plans and procedures.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Construction Management, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of high voltage electrical transmission experience in the construction industry.
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM) is a plus.
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Skill in eliciting information and cooperation from clients, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Key competencies: critical thinking and problem-solving skills, adaptability, decision-making, communication skills, teamwork, planning, and organizing stress tolerance and conflict resolution.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter Smart Benefits
- On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer