McKissack &McKissack is a national Architectural, Engineering, and Construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work.
Your Role (High level):
Manage transmission, substation, distribution, gas, and/or information technology projects consisting of cross-functional teams with budgets ranging from $250k to $15 million.
Your Role (Logistics):
Reporting To: Project Executive or Vice President Midwest Operations
Who Reports to You: Superintendent and subcontractors
Where You Work: Chicago, IL Corporate Office (hybrid in-office & on client site)
Your Salary: $130,000 – $150,000 (dependent on experience)
Your Role (Responsibilities):
• Lead and execute the business development planning component of the strategic plan
• Accountable for overall project performance for projects including major transmission, substation, distribution, and gas construction, new technology programs, information technology and organizational initiatives.
• Manage the scope, schedule, budget, and safety performance of multiple projects and programs including the development of recovery plans, ensuring they are within client’s designated range
• Manage multiple Project Managers and corresponding verticals
• Assign and lead project teams (as necessary) through business case / capital approval process, development and execution of project plans and project closeout.
What We NEED You to Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, construction management, Architecture, or related field
• MINIMUM 7 years of project management experience working with facilities or electricity
• MINIMUM 7 years’ experience working in all parts of the project life cycle, to include master planning, design, and closeout
• MINIMUM 5 years’ experience managing multiple people AND projects simultaneously
• MINIMUM 5 years’ executing, RFIs, and change orders
• 3+ project management roles over 12 months with budgets exceeding $1 million dollars
• Great communication and able to communicate effectively with wide range of individuals
What we WANT you to Have:
• Knowledge of Chicago construction market and contract negotiation skills
• Experience working with MS Projects, PowerPoint, Excel, Primavera
What you get:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company-paid holidays
• Vacation and Sick Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Commuter SmartBenefits
McKissack& McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer