McKissack &McKissack, an outgrowth of the oldest African American-owned architecture engineering in the country, has a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high-profile projects for government and private sector clients.
We are seeking leaders that exhibit the attributes of a great team player, Humble, Hungry and Smart:
• Humble: being of little ego; focusing more on their teammates than themselves.
• Hungry: strong work ethic and drive.
• Smart: what they say or do has a positive outcome on those around them.
Your Role (High level):
Manage variety of design and construction Aviation projects for the client
Your Role (Logistics):
Reporting To: Senior Project Manager - Aviation
Who Reports to You: N/A
Where You Work: Hybrid (Washington, D.C. Office)
Your Salary: MINIMUM $110,000 (Based upon experience)
Your Role (Responsibilities):
• Manage full aviation construction project lifecycle, from initial project planning phases through completion of construction.
• Meet with clients, architects, engineers and other design personnel to establish project plans, budgets and schedules.
• Coordinate aviation construction project resources and tracks project progress against established timelines and schedules.
• Ensure work is completed on time, within budget and to specification.
• Act as a liaison between the client and project team members regarding changes or problems.
• Select, negotiate with, and coordinate work of vendors, contractors, or sub-contractors.
• Responsible for material management and deliver scheduling tasks in support of assigned projects.
• Track project progress against milestones, budgetary guidelines, or other performance indicators and prepares and delivers reports to management.
• Provide project contract administration, reviews vendor invoices and change orders.
What We NEED You to Have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Construction, Civil Engineering, or related field
• Minimum 4 years’ relevant aviation construction project management experience
• Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles
• Understanding of all project delivery methods including Design/Bid/Build, Design/Assist and Design/Build delivery methods
• Ability to manage multiple/simultaneous projects
• Experience in managing and developing direct reports of 10 or more staff
• Ability to seek out and find business opportunities. Must have knowledge of regional market and sales/closing skills
• Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite and P6 scheduling software
What we WANT you to Have:
• CCM or additional relevant certification(s)
• Previous experience in construction projects (terminals, hangars, etc.)
What you get:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company-paid holidays
• Vacation and Sick Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
McKissack& McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
Contact HR at: