McKissack &McKissack, an outgrowth of the oldest African American-owned architecture engineering in the country, has a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high-profile projects for government and private sector clients.
We are seeking leaders that exhibit the attributes of a great team player, Humble, Hungry and Smart:
• Humble: being of little ego; focusing more on their teammates than themselves.
• Hungry: strong work ethic and drive.
• Smart: what they say or do has a positive outcome on those around them.
Your Role (High Level):
The Construction Project Manager will manage all aspects of a complex datacenter/lab construction new-build project on the client site. Responsibilities will have heavy emphasis on design, construction, and procurement efforts ensuring project quality, scheduling, with special adherence to fiscal goals, timelines, and responsibilities.
Your Role (Logistics):
Reporting To: Client Program Manager
Who Reports to You: Superintendent and subcontractors
Where You Work: Culver City, CA (MUST BE ONSITE)
Your Salary: $115,000– $125,000 (dependent on experience)
Your Role (Responsibilities):
• Manage all budgets, schedules, scope development, design and construction contracts, documents, procedures and controls for multiple assigned small projects simultaneously
• Manage small and large projects (from task order to entire buildouts) with attention to detail
• Plan, execute, and finalize strict deadlines of projects within budget, (including the acquisition of resources and quality control assessment throughout project completion).
• Deliver monthly reports on the status of current projects
• Conduct bid openings per procurement regulations
• Report on budget, schedule, and quality control parameters
• Manage project development from conception through completion (both large and small) in accordance with program objectives
• Resolve complex construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
• Reviews status and monitors variances of the construction project database relative to scheduling and cost control reporting
What We NEED You to Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Construction Management, or related field
• MINIMUM5 years’ experience in the construction management industry
• MINIMUM6 years’ experience managing conflicting priorities, changing timelines, and multiple stakeholder demands and expectations using analytical and problem-solving skills and emotional intelligence
• MINIMUM2 years’ experience using eBuilder’s, Bluebeam, Procore or related technology
• Proficiency level knowledge of devices using Mac and iOS operating system
What we WANT you to Have:
• Certified Construction Manager (CCM), PMP, or PE
• Project Management Web Experience
• Data Center/Lab construction buildout experience (2 years)
What you get:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company-paid holidays
• Vacation and Sick Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack& McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer