McKissack has an immediate opening for a Construction Scheduler in Chicago, IL. We are seeking a self-motivated individual, interested in personal growth, who wants to be a member of our growing team.
McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. McKissack & McKissack seeks individuals to join our growing organization who have excellent academic and/or work experience, integrity, and client-focused attitudes
As a result of a growing, diverse client base, McKissack and McKissack has an immediate opening for a Construction Scheduler in Chicago, IL. We are seeking a self-motivated individual, interested in personal growth, who wants to be a member of our growing team.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Review contractor's baseline schedule submissions and provide narrative
- Perform QA/QC on contractor schedule submittals for conformance with contract
- Review critical path, cost loading, schedule content, use of relationships and lag, constraints, and milestones
- Perform schedule impact analysis for contractor change orders and conduct schedule negotiations for contractor change orders
- Perform Critical Path analysis and Earned Value analysis
- Track and be involved in project issues as they relate to project schedules
- Walk the field, check the contractor's weekly and monthly schedule progress, and provide reports to the project OAR and upper management
- Ability to read drawings, determine if work is in or out of scope and understand terms and conditions of the contract to determine compensability, as well as concurrent delays
- Proactively anticipate schedule impacts and advise Project Team accordingly
- Effectively communicate with the contractor regarding all schedule/progress related matters and concerns in the weekly status meetings and all other schedule related meetings
- Review, evaluate and reject or approve contractor recovery schedules.
- Prepare reports as needed and directed by management
- Perform program schedule QA/QC review and updates
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Construction Management, or related field
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in Construction Scheduling. Note: any equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Must have experience with aviation projects in the construction industry
- Project and Scheduling Professional (PSP) certification preferred
- Certified Scheduling Technician (CST) certification preferred
- Proficiency in Primavera Planner
- Experience with Primavera (P6) preferred
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter SmartBenefits
- On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.