We currently have an immediate opening for a Cost Budget Analyst to join our expanding team. As a Cost Budget Analyst, you will be responsible for the management and performance of cost, scheduling, risk and change management. You will implement a Cost Budgeting System on large, complex projects and programs and assist in establishing operational policies and procedures.
McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high-profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence, and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meet and exceed the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. McKissack & McKissack seeks individuals to join our growing organization who have excellent academic and/or work experience, integrity, and client-focused attitudes.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop organizational budgets with project managers
- Review proposals for completeness, accuracy and compliance
- Consolidating project budgets for review
- Track project funding requirements
- Vet funding requests
- Monitoring project costs to-date to ensure project remains on-budget
- Prepare reports and estimating future budget/funding needs
- Defending budget recommendations with data and evidence-based analyses
- Assist the Project team with board financial reporting and presentations
- FTA/FRA budget reporting
- Coding structures (WBS, SCC, DART, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Construction Management, or related field
- At least 10 years of experience in project controls in the construction industry.
- Prior scheduling experience (P6 is a big plus) as well as other CPM Scheduling Software
- Project and Scheduling Professional (PSP) certification preferred and/or Certified Scheduling Technician (CST) certification preferred. Comparable experience of candidates that satisfy the qualifications for these certifications is acceptable.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in contract negotiation for change management
- Strong management and leadership capabilities