McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. McKissack & McKissack seeks individuals to join our growing organization who have excellent academic and/or work experience, integrity, and client-focused attitudes.
DESIGN MANAGER (K-12)
McKissack & McKissack, an outgrowth of the oldest African American-owned architecture engineering in the country, has a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high-profile projects for government and private sector clients.
We are seeking leaders that exhibit the attributes of a great team player, Humble, Hungry and Smart:
• Humble: being of little ego; focusing more on their teammates than themselves.
• Hungry: strong work ethic and drive.
• Smart: what they say or do has a positive outcome on those around them.
Your Role (High level):
Oversee the design of K-12 client’s school projects; Coordinate with client stakeholders to ensure project designs meet expectations, compliance, budget, and safety requirements.
Your Role (Logistics):
Reporting To: Client’s Program Manager AND VP Texas Operations
Who Reports to You: N/A
Where You Work: client site (Dallas, TX)
Your Salary: $110,000 - $120,000
Your Role (Responsibilities):
• Administer various planning and design meetings and coordinate all reviews for due diligence. Communicate the development of this information in various report formats to capital programs leaders.
• Coordinate and review the assigned programming criteria for multiple school projects
• Assist Project Managers with due diligence reports and site approvals
• Review architect/consultant proposals associated with the pre-design, design, and construction phase report deficiencies to Project Director
• Coordinate and prepare (for approval) scope of works, design deliverables and schedule milestones for incorporation into standard design subcontracts
• Review, update and prepare educational specifications and design requirements documents
• Maintain Design Summary Sheets for each project
• Ensure understanding and monitor completion of documents by the design team
• Verify design and code requirements by project architect
• Establish design review sessions and implement comments and changes at the conclusion of each design phase
• Coordinate, update, review, and report (to appropriate parties) all scheduled milestones associated with design
• Attend design coordination meetings with architectural team on a regular basis to assess design progress and quality.
• Ensure that the requisite Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) are engaged for required reviews and approvals at the appropriate design milestone and ensure necessary changes are implemented
• Provide review of A/E invoices associated with design phase services
• Other duties as assigned
What We NEED You to Have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Construction Science, or Civil Engineering
• MINIMUM 3 years’ experience in planning and design management related services, reviews, and coordination with increasing job responsibilities
• MINIMUM 3+ years’ experience using emotional intelligence, attention to detail, prioritization, time, people management, and communication skills while working in a fast-paced professional setting
• Previous “on-the-job” experience managing all phases of project development from conceptual design through construction administration.
• Previous “on-the-job” experience in contract coordination/administration including review technical aspects of project development
What we WANT you to Have:
• MINIMUM 2 years’ experience as a Project Architect
• MINIMUM 1 year experience with K-12 facility design
What we WANT you to Have:
• Licensed Architect
• Master’s Degree in Architecture
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
Contact HR at: