McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work.
McKissack and McKissack has an immediate opening for a Director Proposals / Marketing to lead our marketing/proposal team, located in our Washington, DC office.
If you want to match your marketing and proposal management skills with one of the nation’s most unique architectural, engineering, program and construction management firms, you may be the ideal prospect. Known for such projects as the National Museum African American History and Culture on the National Mall, MGM National Harbor, and Chicago’s Navy Pier. Our company is seeking a candidate with minimum 15 years of marketing and proposal management experience to provide oversight, guidance and planning for the company’s marketing function.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Director of Marketing/Proposals will manage the proposal process including development, scheduling, staffing, teaming, coordination, and final production and submission
- Director will regularly collaborate and support senior management and technical leaders throughout the firm to achieve optimal success on proposal quality
- In responding to RFPs, will ensure the development and follow through on our value proposition and win strategy
- Serve in a quality control capacity during the preparation and review of proposal materials ensuring progressive team (pink, red, gold, etc.) reviews
- Assist in the development of annual plans for the department, identifying strengths and weaknesses and priorities for continuous improvement of marketing programs with emphasis on the proposal management processes and training, collaborate with HR to identify skill gaps
- Responsible for the annual Marketing plan and budget, working with the Vice President of Marketing and Communications and the Director of Corporate Strategy
- Manage the preparation of SF-330 and other public sector submissions
- Take the lead on pre-qualification applications and certification renewals
- Leverage connections, SMPS, industry organizations to enhance visibility
- Support the development of industry association relations to obtain speaking engagements for technical professionals.
- Develop analytics and reports with KPIs to show continued successes
- Participate in organizations, industry associations, attend events to create brand visibility
- Responsible for updating and creating marketing collateral materials
- Responsible for coordinating, arranging and cataloging project photography with in-house graphics staff
- Responsible for award submissions.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field
- Minimum 15 years of relevant proposal management experience, which must include experience in the A/E/C industry
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the entire RFP/proposal process from kickoff through review stages, production and delivery
- Experience creating presentations and marketing collateral
- Experience completing SF 330s, SF 254s and SF 255s
- Proficiency in writing and editing
- Proficiency in InDesign is required, Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Visio, and strong graphics skills for presentations and proposals is required
- Competence with Deltek Vision is preferred
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, team-oriented, deadline-driven environment as well as managing multiple projects and delegating tasks
- Comfortable responding to various RFPs for projects throughout the nation
- Good eye for design and composition
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent proofreading skills
- Superior prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) a plus.
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer