McKissack &McKissack, an outgrowth of the oldest African American-owned architecture engineering firm in the country, has a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high-profile projects for government and private sector clients.
We are seeking leaders that exhibit the attributes of a great team player, Humble, Hungry and Smart:
· Humble: being of little ego; focusing more on their teammates than themselves.
· Hungry: strong work ethic and drive.
· Smart: what they say or do has a positive outcome on those around them.
Your Role (High Level): You will be responsible for the overall success and profit/loss of the Water and Wastewater Engineering Department: strategy development ensuring departmental growth, identifying new clients and project opportunities, capture manager for all water and wastewater proposals, the guarantor of operational excellence in all projects and their execution, and mentor/coach/manager to all water team members.
Your Role (Logistics):
Reporting To: Vice President, Infrastructure
Who Reports to You: Infrastructure Department, inclusive of PMs, APMs, CAD Operators, Water Engineers, etc.
Where You Work: Washington, DC Office
Your Role (Responsibilities):
• Oversee the Water and Wastewater team (providing design management, program management, project management and construction management knowledge and acumen) to ensure projects and programs are completed on time, on or under budget, and to specifications, managing all aspects of the project from securing personnel and managing capital assets to achieving financial results.
• Provide leadership, mentorship, vision, and direction for multiple aspects of the practice and must provide executive oversight for all Water and Wastewater Engineering projects (including water and wastewater treatment facility projects) while increasing operating performance.
• Build and maintain a network of client relationships while winning new business.
• Lead by example in design engineering and construction execution - functioning as technical lead on all size projects.
• Develop, implement, and execute a strategic business plan and budget for the department including achievement of assigned metrics such as those related to financial forecasts and customer satisfaction; drive the operational performance and capabilities to surpass customer satisfaction, retention, and company goals; recruit and onboard new department staff.
• Locate and evaluate project opportunities, develop technical and fee proposals, conduct cost analysis, estimate expected costs for the project; prepare proposals and interviews/presentations, and implement a budget based on estimates.
• Establish a network of relationships with technical peers in other offices and leverage those relationships and resources in work-sharing opportunities and/or assistance in pursuits.
• In conjunction with the corporate office, approve advertising and marketing campaigns; communicate and collaborate with sales and marketing teams to promote and sell new projects, programs, and systems; and support business development activities with other offices.
• Perform other duties as needed.
What We NEED You to Have:
• Bachelor’s Degree (or greater) in Civil Engineering, Water and Wastewater Specialty
• PE license (VA, MD, or DC)
• MINIMUM 10 years on the job experience meeting government compliance requirements and regulations
• MINIMUM 5 years experience using marketing strategies to meet pre-determined sales goals
• MINIMUM 8 years managerial experience of Water/Wastewater team
• Previous demonstrated experience excelling in a high-paced, demanding work environment
• Excellent verbal/written communication, problem-solving, analytical, project/client management, presentation, leadership, & organizational skills
What we WANT you to Have:
• PMP or CCM certification
• Previous management experience of a team with 10+ members
What you get:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company-paid holidays
• Vacation and Sick Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• CommuterSmart Benefits
McKissack& McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org