Our Washington DC offices have an immediate opening for a Job Captain/Designer. As a Job Captain/Designer, you will have the opportunity to expand the foundation of your career by joining an ENR top-ranked program management and construction-management-for-fee firm. You will be an essential member of our growing team by transforming our client’s vision into a strategy, converting that strategy into a plan, and moving quickly into executable action.
McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. McKissack & McKissack seeks individuals to join our growing organization who have excellent academic and/or work experience, integrity, and client-focused attitudes.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Participate and/or coordinate during all phases of Project delivery, ensuring the team stays on schedule and executes schematics that conform to the requirements of the project leader or designer
- Quality assurance and Quality Control
- Provide Revit support, maintain project drawings, provide construction services, code research and assist with project schedules, budgets and submittals.
- Produce, manage and coordinate construction documentation with support and direction from the Project Manager and other senior staff.
- In your supervisory role, review the drawings of the architectural team and suggest revisions
- Ensure that work is completed on schedule and adheres to all budgetary constraints.
- Performs work requiring independent judgment and critical thinking.
- Manage Relationships - respond and relate well to people in all positions; be a cooperative team player
- Look for common ground and solve problems for the good of all.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Construction Management, or a related field.
- 6 – 10 years of experience in the field of Architecture
- Proficiency in REVIT
- Knowledge / experience of other business software and their application to Contract Documents preferred.
- Knowledge of architectural detailing and current construction standards.
- Technical and leadership abilities to plan, organize, and manage the efforts of a production team
- Competency in all conventional aspects of architectural practice with an emphasis on the technical implementation of the project design.
- Knowledge of codes, consultant’s coordination (civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and structural), and ability to successfully complete the permitting process with minimal aid and supervision.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a cooperative and effective manner with clients, stake holders and regulatory agencies and the ability to manage multiple/simultaneous projects.
- Effective communication skills, conversational and written, for ongoing project collaboration and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate the work of consultants.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter Smart.Benefits
- On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer