McKissack & McKissack, an outgrowth of the oldest African American-owned architecture engineering in the country, has a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high-profile projects for government and private sector clients.
We are seeking leaders that exhibit the attributes of a great team player, Humble, Hungry and Smart:
• Humble: being of little ego; focusing more on their teammates than themselves.
• Hungry: strong work ethic and drive.
• Smart: what they say or do has a positive outcome on those around them.
Your Role (High level):
Have full responsibility for the entire financial process of projects to include: the project billing process, responding to client inquiries, verifying employee’s chargeable time, investigating variances, and ensuring billings a reissued timely to customers and payments collected.
Your Role (Logistics):
Reporting To: VP of Finance
Who Reports to You: N/A
Where You Work: Washington, DC Corporate office Hybrid role (remote 2-3 days per week)
Your Salary: Minimum$75,000
Your Role (Responsibilities):
• Performs project setup and ensures all data is in accordance with contract
• Run and send pre-bills for Project Manager (PM) review and instruction
• Generates, audits, and sends client invoices
• Researches any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period
• Reviews project work/staffing plans and budgets for appropriateness to fee
• Effectively communicates with the PM and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals and additional services related to billing.
• Coordinates with Accounts Payable staff for inclusion of billable AP vouchers and employee reimbursable expenses in billing
• Monitors accounts receivable and supports PMs with collection efforts
• Prepares information for and participate in monthly project reviews
• Maintains the billing folders for all projects, with the appropriate documents to include: expenses, consultant invoices, monthly invoices, in accordance with the standard procedures.
• Provides training to PMs regarding financial maintenance of projects
• Recommends and implements agreed process improvements to the billing cycle
• Provides year-end support for auditor requirements, which may include research and reconciliation
• Communicates and coordinates with the local offices.
• Performs additional assignments as directed by the Project Accounting Manager
What We NEED You to Have:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Finance/Accounting experience
• Minimum of 7 years’ proficiency level experience in MS Office Suite (Excel, Work, Outlook, etc.)
• Previous professional experience interfacing with Project Managers and Senior Staff regarding financial or accounting matters
• Minimum 3 years’ experience managing a job costing system
• Previous professional work experience working in “start-up” work environments (independent, changing priorities)
What we WANT you to Have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting preferred.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in Accounting/Finance within AEC industry
• Minimum 1 year of experience working with Deltek Vantgepoint or Deltek Vision Accounting
What you get:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company-paid holidays
• Vacation and Sick Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Commuter SmartBenefits
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack& McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer