As a result of a growing, diverse client base, McKissack & McKissack is seeking an experienced Project Architects to manage and perform design services for corporate, higher education and/or multifamily projects for our Washington, DC Office. Candidates will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
• The Project Architect provides leadership to the in-house design team consisting of staff architects, engineers and interior designers including coordinating all design efforts for projects.
• Prepares 2D and 3D design materials.
• Develops solutions to technical and design problems.
• Performs product research; assists project designers and project architects with material selection and system research.
• Develops production drawings.
• Assists with construction administration, including shop drawing reviews, material submittals, on-site observation, etc.
• Responsible for supervising and participating in preliminary scope development, and supervising design and preparation of construction documents for various renovation, and building projects.
• 6+ years of related experience as a project architect with a strong background in corporate commercial projects.
• Thorough knowledge of the modern principles and practices of architecture.
• Knowledge of all applicable codes.
• Thorough knowledge of construction methods and materials, and methods of field surveying and documentation of existing conditions.
• Ability to review, analyze, and make recommendations regarding designs, plans, and specifications.
• Ability to supervise and plan the work of technical and professional members of the design team and to coordinate efforts of outside design firms.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
• Ability to effectively present information.
• Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues
• Requires mid-level knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
• Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
• Professional degree in Architecture plus 6 years of experience in architectural planning and design.
• Registration as an Architect is required.
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company-paid holidays
• Vacation and Sick Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Commuter SmartBenefits
• On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer