McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. McKissack & McKissack seeks individuals to join our growing organization who have excellent academic and/or work experience, integrity, and client-focused attitudes.
Our Dallas, TX office has an immediate opening for an Project Controls Specialist to join our expanding team. As an Project Controls Specialist, you’ll have the opportunity to expand the foundation of your career by joining an ENR top-ranked program management and construction-management-for-fee firm. You will be an essential member of our growing team by transforming our client’s vision into a strategy, converting that strategy into a plan, and moving quickly into executable action.
- Aids in the planning, execution, and finalization of projects per strict deadlines and within budget
- Be aware of emerging issues. Act as a liaison between project management, subcontractors, and site engineers to resolve problems before the project’s progress is stalled.
- Provides monthly reports on the status of current projects
- Conducts reports on budget, schedule, and quality control parameters as established by the Project Executive, Project Director and/or Project Manager
- Processes all construction change orders
- Maintains logs on change orders, issues, and payments
- Attends on-site progress meetings
- Draft construction activity reports and technical reports requesting information.
- Support field team problem solving activities.
- Provides guidance, direction, and specialized assistance to project managers for the resolution of project controls issues.
- Acts as the project controls lead on a wide range of projects performing planning, scheduling, budgeting, cost analysis and monitoring; provides mentoring and training of staff.
- Monitors and analyzes reports and makes recommendations on cost and schedule performance.
- Works with consultant staff performing a wide-range of project controls functions.
- Participates in the development, negotiation, and administration of professional services agreements for project controls services.
- Collects and analyzes data and makes recommendations on resource planning to management on the overall Capital Plan.
- Participates in the development of project cost estimates for capital projects.
- Participates in the development and implementation of project control policies and procedures.
- Prepares resource-loaded schedules to develop expenditure forecasts, resource requirements and budgets for capital and O&M programs and projects.
- Researches and analyzes data and prepares reports and documents for Board or management.
- Performs other related Senior Project Controls Specialist job duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- Minimum 10-15 years of Project Controls/Project Management experience
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Skill in eliciting information and cooperation from clients, contractors, and other stakeholders
- Key competencies: detail oriented, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, adaptability, decision-making, communication skills, teamwork, planning, and organizing stress tolerance and conflict resolution
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Proficient with Oracle Primavera P6.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Bluebeam/Adobe
- May be required to obtain an OSHA 10 hour safety certification.
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter SmartBenefits
- On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer