McKissack & McKissack has a need for a Project Engineer in Washington, DC to join our expanding team. As a Project Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to expand the foundation of your engineering career by joining a creative team of professionals who strive to provide technical design and project management for memorable spaces for our communities.
McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence, and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. McKissack & McKissack seeks individuals to join our growing organization who have excellent academic and/or work experience, integrity, and client-focused attitudes.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Conduct regular meetings with clients to ensure clarification and meet specific requirements in a timely manner.
- Maintain budgets and make adjustments according to needs as they arise.
- Track performance and analyze the completion of key goals.
- Document and report project progress to stakeholders and clients.
- Operate independently with limited oversight
- Manage production of quality deliverables within assigned role
- Produce quantity takeoffs, cost estimates, and specifications
- Accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects
- Coordinate efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design
- Serve as technical liaison with client on project
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required
- EIT certificate is required
- PE license in the MD, VA or DC is preferred
- 5-6 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years in transportation
- Demonstrated experience performing technical work
- Demonstrated problem solving experience
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter SmartBenefits
- On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer