McKissack &McKissack is a national Architectural, Engineering, and Construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work.
We currently have an immediate opening for a Project Executive to join our expanding team. As a Project Executive, you will be responsible for leading, managing, and coordinating all phases of vertical construction programs.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Develop and maintain long lasting relationships with clients, the development, design and construction communities, and organizations to enhance future business development opportunities.
• Collaborates with business development and marketing groups to secure new work for business unit.
• Become a good corporate citizen in the community and maximize resources to benefit regional goals and objectives.
• Develop high performance teams through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring.
• Ensure regular feedback is shared with staff including timely completion of employee performance appraisals.
• Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project staff.
• Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements on all programs and projects.
• Manage and lead Programs including multiple projects simultaneously from preconstruction through closeout.
• Oversee the development of the master schedules and manage its implementation, as required.
• Provide oversight for budget and financial management for all projects/programs.
• Support and drive utilization of various McKissack initiatives and technologies.
• Oversee the administration of the quality assurance/quality control program, to ensure delivery of Client's expectations.
• Managing all phases of a program including master planning, programming, procurement, design, preconstruction, construction and closeout.
• May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum ten years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
• Architecture or engineering license preferred.
• Certified Construction Manager, Project Management Professional and LEED Certification preferred.
• Leadership experience on large ($200M+) scale mission-critical construction programs or major projects.
• Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles.
• Understanding of all project delivery methods including Design/Bid/Build, Design/Assist and Design/Build delivery methods.
• Ability to manage programs or multiple/simultaneous projects.
• Ability to seek out and find business opportunities.
• Must have knowledge of regional market and sales/closing skills (DC Metro area).
• Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office.
• Understanding and expertise in managing risk (financial, schedule, quality, etc.) for projects and programs.
• Experience leading teams and being a direct point of contact with clients.
• Prior management experience of 5 or more staff.
What you get:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company-paid holidays
• Vacation and Sick Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack& McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
Contact HR at: