McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. McKissack & McKissack seeks individuals to join our growing organization who have excellent academic and/or work experience, integrity, and client-focused attitudes
Our Washington, DC office has an immediate opening for a Project Manager - Architect to join our expanding team. As Project Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to expand the foundation of your career by joining an ENR top ranked program management and construction-management-for-fee firm. You will be an essential member of our growing team by transforming our client’s vision into a strategy, converting that strategy into a plan, and moving quickly into executable action.
- Resolves complex construction project related issues, disputes and disagreements.
- Develops, assigns and monitors performance of OAR’s relative to assigned construction projects.
- Reviews status and overall construction project progress relative to submitted construction schedules.
- Reviews change orders from all construction projects and assesses their impact on the District.
- Assists regional directors and other facilities management staff with bid and contract planning.
- Assesses bid specifications and probability of completion under stated timeline.
- Reviews status and monitors variances of the construction project database relative to scheduling and cost control reporting.
- Reviews and verifies submitted applications for payment and performs overall fiscal management of multiple construction projects.
- Provides functional direction over areas of responsibility, including construction project schedules, cost control, dispute resolution, contract administration and quality control.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Construction Management or related field.
- Minimum (5) years of experience in the design and construction industry
- Must have prior K-12 construction experience
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a cooperative and effective manner with clients and regulatory agencies and the ability to manage multiple/simultaneous projects
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate the work of consultants
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer and provides employment and promotional opportunities based on individual merit. Qualified minorities, females, disabled individuals, and veterans are encouraged to apply.