McKissack & McKissack is a DC-based national architecture, design, construction and project management firm. We are currently looking for a Proposal Coordinator. Position is available now.
If you want to match your proposal management and writing skills for one of the nation’s most unique architectural, engineering and construction management firms, you may be the ideal prospect. Known for such projects as the National Museum African American History and Culture on the National Mall, MGM National Harbor, and Chicago’s Navy Pier, our company is seeking a candidate with minimum three years of proposal coordination experience and proficiency in editing and writing. Knowledge of InDesign and basic graphics for presentations is essential.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assist the proposal development process as a proposal coordinator serving as a writer, balancing workload and deliverables for multiple sales opportunities simultaneously, in addition to executing special projects.
- Assist in preparing kickoff, preparation and delivery of proposals with Dir. of Marketing, Sr. Proposal Manager and Capture Manager to ensure firm addresses all requirements and incorporates win themes.
- Creates, develops, designs (using inDesign), staff resumes and distributes all draft response documents, as well as assist in edits and coordinate delivery of proposals.
- Participate in proposal development meetings, and collaborate with Sr. Proposal Managers and subject matter experts to develop language, and compile, design, and create supporting documents to meet qualifications or enhance responses.
- Assist with developing base draft pitch and sales documents for national business development team, execute requested edits to documents, and provide support in finalizing documents.
- Assist in creating, if needed, sales presentations, manage the development process and preparation, and coordinate delivery of sales presentations and all supporting documents.
- Work with the design team to create graphics for proposals, executive summaries, and sales presentations.
- Recommend processes for improvement, manage special projects, and update knowledge database and marketing tracking system.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications/English, Business, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of solid experience responding to RFPs, etc. as well as creating presentations and marketing collateral
- Complete understanding of the proposal process, from planning stages to production
- Experience completing SF 330s, SF 254s and SF 255s is helpful
- Proficiency in InDesign is required, MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, team-oriented, deadline-driven environment as well as managing multiple projects that may require delegating tasks
- Comfortable responding to various RFPs for projects throughout the nation
- Good eye for design and composition
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent proofreading skills
- Superior prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in the A/E/C or professional services industry preferred
- Proficiency with social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) a plus
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter SmartBenefits
- On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer