McKissack & McKissack has an immediate opening for a Safety Specialist to join our expanding team. As a Safety Specialist you will be responsible for overall program safety oversight and reporting.
McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. McKissack & McKissack seeks individuals to join our growing organization who have excellent academic and/or work experience, integrity, and client-focused attitudes.
McKissack & McKissack has an immediate opening for a Safety Specialist to join our expanding team. As a Safety Specialist you will be responsible for overall program safety oversight and reporting while ensuring contractors comply with contract plans, specifications, submittals, NFPA Standards and Codes, OSHA 1926, 1910, ANSI, life safety, as well as compliance with all applicable laws or ordinances, rules, regulations and orders of any public body having jurisdiction for the safety of anyone working on the project. Safety oversight includes Prime Contractors, Sub-contractors, Construction Management Teams and Program Consultants who work on the project.
- Review of contractor Health and Safety Plans, Job Hazard Analyses, Work Plans, Safety Reports, Incident or Injury Reports, Emergency Response Plans.
- Ensure contractor compliance with all provisions of the safety plans which have been developed by the contractor and with all safety rules.
- Attend contractor/construction manager safety meetings, site walks, or specific safety/incident focus meetings.
- Perform oversight of contractor’s safety program and implementation.
- Organize regular site walks and attempt to resolve safety related issues at the field level.
- Formally document safety deficiencies or issues that cannot be resolved at the field level and that require contractor action.
- Review of/tracking of contractor resolution to issues noted during site walks to closure.
- Communicate safety report information, deficiencies, issues, incidences to Construction Manager, Safety Manager and Oversight Manager.
- Enter all safety related information into system regarding deficiencies, issues, resolution and closure, injuries, incidents.
- Communicate all FEMS coordination/visits/exercises to Safety Manager and Oversight Manager,
- Support and coordinate with client as necessary.
- Perform other duties assigned as necessary or as directed by the Safety Manager.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in environmental science, occupational safety health, or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Skill in performing safety inspections ensuring compliance with OSHA safety standards.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to develop, implement, and enforce safety programs and protocols.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local safety regulations, protocols, and/or procedures.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in developing safety procedures and protocols.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter SmartBenefits
- On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer