McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. McKissack & McKissack seeks individuals to join our growing organization who have excellent academic and/or work experience, integrity, and client-focused attitudes.
McKissack & McKissack is seeking a Senior Construction Manager to join the Washington, DC office. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing several construction management contracts for a local utility to ensure the project quality, schedule and budget goals are achieved. This person must have demonstrated experience in complex urban highway, and utility project, and have at least 20 years’ experience in the construction industry.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Responsible for performing estimating, value engineering and construct ability reviews during all phases of project to ensure overall project quality is achieved.
- Oversee the mobilization and site logistics of construction contractors to ensure compliance with local and federal regulations and minimal traffic hazards disruptions
- Conduct site visits to observe construction progress, quality and conformance with the plans and document
- Ensure construction site follows local and federal health and safety requirements, as well as, adherence to utility specific safety protocol.
- Perform change order management, value engineering and claims avoidance on behalf of the client to minimize adverse budget and schedule impacts
- Monitoring, reviewing, evaluating and reporting of RFI and submittal traffic for potential cost/schedule impacts.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring project closeout documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree that is preferred in Construction/Building Sciences or at least 25 years of relevant experience working in the construction industry
- Experience in utility and highway construction in an urban environment
- Experience working with governmental agencies is a plus
- Ability to read and comprehend complex construction drawings and documents for ensuring conformity to utility and DOT standards
- Must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, scheduling and project management software
- Excellent communication with concise written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills to resolve project issues
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter SmartBenefits
- On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.