McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. McKissack & McKissack seeks individuals to join our growing organization who have excellent academic and/or work experience, integrity, and client-focused attitudes.
SENIOR PROJECT DESIGN MANAGER (AVIATION)
McKissack & McKissack, an outgrowth of the oldest African American-owned architecture engineering in the country, has a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high-profile projects for government and private sector clients.
We are seeking leaders that exhibit the attributes of a great team player, Humble, Hungry and Smart:
• Humble: being of little ego; focusing more on their teammates than themselves.
• Hungry: strong work ethic and drive.
• Smart: what they say or do has a positive outcome on those around them.
Your Role (High level):
Oversee the Design portion of development for aviation projects at our client in the Chicago area.
Your Role (Logistics):
Reporting To: VP Operations Midwest
Who Reports to You:
Where You Work: client site Chicago, IL (not hybrid)
Your Salary: $120,000 - $140,000
Your Role (Responsibilities):
• Develop project strategy and approach during envision phase; develop / provide multiple design solutions / options to achieve project goals / objectives.
• Deliver and manage portfolios of medium to large scope, cost, and schedules for all design driven programs and projects
• Understand terminal redevelopment design process and provide design solution and analytic support from envision phase through execution phases
• Manage self and team and support PMs for all phases, envision through execution phases, for design associated task
• Develop terminal and facility space programming and plans, feasibility studies, utilization plans, simulation modeling
• Coordinate and collaborate plans with United Stakeholders including Network Planning, Global Ops, CRE and local Airport Operation leadership on short- and long-term plans.
• Use technical knowledge experience combined with business acumen to provide thoughtful decision making and guidance in implementation of objectives and initiatives.
• Foster an environment of accountability.
• Provide constant and transparent communication to the Team, Leadership, Stakeholders and the client
What We NEED You to Have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or related field
• MINIMUM 5 years’ experience working on Airport or aviation projects
• MINIMUM 4 years’ project management experience designing, development, including management of construction documents
• MINIMUM 9 years’ experience using CAD drafting software like Revit, AutoCAD, or Sketchup software.
• MINIMUM 5 years’ experience managing external architectural and/or design consultants
• Commitment to creating and sustaining a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
• Familiarity with master plan and terminal redevelopment program/process Commercial building codes (IBC, ADA, LEED, etc.)
• Familiarity with construction methods, techniques, and materials.
What we WANT you to Have:
• Licensed Architect
• Master’s Degree in Architecture
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
Contact HR at: