McKissack has an immediate need for a Senior Engineer to join our DC offices. You’ll have the opportunity to expand the foundation of your engineering career by joining a creative team that strives to provide technical design and project management for memorable spaces for our communities.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide technical leadership and project management for sewer and water pipeline rehabilitation and replacement design as well as condition assessment projects.
- Overseeing the planning, design, and construction administration of projects to ensure compliance with contracts, drawings, specifications, codes, statutes, rules, and regulations.
- Conducting preliminary engineering studies and hydraulic analysis to establish the need, feasibility, function, and priority of various system improvements such as pumping stations, storage facilities, or transmission mains.
- Performing detailed studies and analyses aimed at providing a justification for capital improvements to existing and future water supply facilities, including evaluation of alternative scenarios.
- Supporting and maintaining risk, criticality, rehab, and condition assessment programs, including but not limited to the Linear Asset Condition Assessment Program.
- Manage data collection activities and contracts to support rehabilitation and replacement planning.
- Develop systems, policies, and procedures for tracking program data.
- Develop streamlined methods for analyzing program data and that will help inform decision making around maintenance strategies and project planning.
- Serve as an internal technical resource regarding pipeline rehabilitation, pipeline replacement, condition assessments and pipe condition assessment data.
- Communicating with clients, establishing goals and objectives for project teams, and scheduling and coordinating resources to deliver projects on time, within budget, and to the performance expectations of the client.
What We Are Looking For:
- A bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental or Infrastructure Engineering, or related field
- 5-7 years of industry experience.
- Relevant experience in the field of pipe replacement, pipe rehabilitation and pipe condition assessment is desired.
- Possession of an F.E. (Fundamental of Engineering) certificate is preferred.
- A Professional Engineer license is desirable.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player with project management and organizational skills.
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter SmartBenefits
- On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer