McKissack &McKissack, an outgrowth of the oldest African American-owned architecture engineering in the country, has a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high-profile projects for government and private sector clients.
We are seeking leaders that exhibit the attributes of a great team player, Humble, Hungry and Smart:
• Humble: being of little ego; focusing more on their teammates than themselves.
• Hungry: strong work ethic and drive.
• Smart: what they say or do has a positive outcome on those around them.
Your Role (High level):
Manage master planning, designing and construction (from pre to post phases) for aviation clients.
Your Role (Logistics):
Reporting To: TX Project Executive
Who Reports to You:
Where You Work: Hybrid (Washington, D.C. Office, Chicago Office, Dallas Office)
Your Salary: $125,000
Your Role Responsibilities):
· Develop and maintain long lasting relationships with clients, the development, design and construction communities, and organizations to enhance future business development opportunities
· Develop high performance teams through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring.
· Ensure regular feedback is shared with staff including timely completion of employee performance appraisals
· Collaborate with sales and marketing groups to secure new work for business unit
· Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements on all projects
· Manage and lead multiple projects simultaneously from pre-construction through closeout
· Oversee the development of the master schedules and manage its implementation, as required
· Provide oversight for budget and financial management for all projects
· Support and drive utilization of various McKissack initiatives and technologies
· Oversee the administration of the quality assurance/quality control program, to ensure delivery of Clients expectations
· Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project staff
· Become a good corporate citizen in the community and maximize resources to benefit regional goals and objectives
What We NEED You to Have:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Construction, Civil Engineering, or related field
· Ability to travel twice per month periodically for work (up to2x per month).
· Minimum 7 years’ experience in Aviation Construction Management projects
· Must have extensive knowledge of aviation construction projects
· Leadership experience on small-mid scale mission-critical construction projects (over $50M)
· Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles
· Understanding of all project delivery methods including Design/Bid/Build, Design/Assist and Design/Build delivery methods
· Ability to manage multiple/simultaneous projects
· Experience in managing and developing direct reports of 5 or more staff
· Ability to seek out and find business opportunities.
· Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite and P6 scheduling software.
What we WANT you to Have:
· CCM or additional relevant certification(s)
What you get:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company-paid holidays
• Vacation and Sick Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Commuter Smart Benefits
McKissack& McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of adverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer