McKissack & McKissack has an immediate need for a Site / Civil Lead Engineer to join our Washington DC offices.
McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, rewards hard work and promotes having fun doing it. McKissack & McKissack seeks individuals to join our growing organization who have excellent academic and/or work experience, integrity, and client-focused attitudes.
As a Site / Civil Lead Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to expand the foundation of your engineering career by joining a creative team of professionals who strive to provide technical design and project management for memorable spaces for our communities.
- Designs construction projects by studying project concept, architectural drawings, and models.
- Prepares engineering design by collecting and studying reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data.
- Determines project costs by calculating labor, material, and related costs
- Prepares feasibility study by analyzing engineering design; conducting environmental impact studies; assembling data.
- Prepares engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
- Confirms adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress; inspecting construction site; verifying calculations and placements.
- Fulfills project requirements by training and guiding operators.
- Maintains operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering data; completing backups.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering is required
- Project Management experience required
- 7-10 years of experience
- Professional Engineering License
- Ability to manage and grow a design team for site/civil group
- Experience with site/civil development plans with sanitary and stormwater systems, grading, roadway design, and erosion and sediment control design
- Knowledge and experience performing design calculations and prepare technical reports
- Requires an understanding or ability to gain knowledge of various local codes (MD, DC and VA) regulations
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Capable of leading and attending meetings with clients, agency review staff and the public
- Demonstrated experience performing technical work
- Demonstrated problem-solving experience
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company-paid holidays
• Vacation and Sick Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Commuter SmartBenefits
• On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/disability employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.