Our Washington DC / Baltimore, MD offices have an immediate opening for two (2) Senior Project Managers, one with high voltage electrical transmission and one with substation experience, to join our expanding team. As a Senior Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to expand the foundation of your career by joining an ENR top-ranked program management and construction-management-for-fee firm. You will be an essential member of our growing team by transforming our client’s vision into a strategy, converting that strategy into a plan, and moving quickly into executable action.
McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. McKissack & McKissack seeks individuals to join our growing organization who have excellent academic and/or work experience, integrity, and client-focused attitudes.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Manage multiple projects with support of additional Project Managers/Assistant Project Managers and Construction Managers and manage large projects in excess of $100M.
- Resolves complex construction project related issues, disputes and disagreements.
- Perform constructability reviews with the project team.
- Develops, assigns and monitors performance of projects relative to ongoing assigned construction activities.
- Reviews status and overall construction project progress relative to submitted
- construction schedules.
- Reviews change orders from all construction projects and assesses their impact on the project budget.
- Assists regional directors and other facilities management staff with bid and contract planning.
- Assesses bid specifications and probability of completion under stated timeline.
- Reviews status and monitors variances of the construction project database relative to scheduling and cost control reporting.
- Reviews and verifies submitted applications for payment and performs overall fiscal management of multiple construction projects.
- Provides functional direction over areas of responsibility, including construction
- project schedules, cost control, dispute resolution, contract administration
- and quality control.
- Flexibility and versatility in performing the duties of Project Manager and Construction Manager may be necessary for this position.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Construction Management or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in high voltage electrical transmission or substation design and construction.
- Proven experience directly managing projects in excess of $50M.
- Proven experience directly managing projects in excess of $100M is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a cooperative and effective manner with clients and regulatory agencies and the ability to manage multiple/simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate the work of consultants.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter Smart.Benefits
- On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer