McKissack & McKissack, an outgrowth of the oldest African American-owned architecture engineering in the country, has a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high-profile projects for government and private sector clients.
We are seeking leaders that exhibit the attributes of a great team player, Humble, Hungry and Smart:
• Humble: being of little ego; focusing more on their teammates than themselves.
• Hungry: strong work ethic and drive.
• Smart: what they say or do has a positive outcome on those around them.
Your Role (High level):
Plan, organize, and direct the activities of their respective area to achieve the objectives of the business to maximize returns and minimize risk for the company. Operational oversight will include Design Management, Program Management, Project Management, Construction Management, Architecture/Engineering and Infrastructure.
Your Role (Logistics):
Reporting To: Vice President Operations
Who Reports to You: Program Managers/Directors
Where You Work: Hybrid (Washington, D.C. Office)
Your Salary: MINIMUM $200,000 (dependent on experience)
Your Role (Responsibilities):
• Hiring/assigning of personnel that exhibits humble, hungry and smart attributes
• Teaming partners selection and execution of the program/project work
• Monitoring of the progress of each project to ensure financially successful resolution
• Guiding all operations for the region, budget development, revenue, profit loss, marketing, and business development.
• Develop, implement, and execute a strategic business plan and budget for the area including achievement of assigned metrics
• Drive the operational performance and capabilities to surpass customer satisfaction, retention, and company goals
• Provide management and oversight to staff
• Approve advertising and marketing campaigns (in conjunction with the corporate office)
• Communicate and collaborate with sales and marketing teams to promote and sell new projects, programs, and systems
• Locate and evaluate project opportunities, develop fee proposals, conducts cost analysis, estimate expected costs for the project; prepare proposals and implement project budget based on estimates.
• Provide leadership, vision, and direction for multiple aspects of the practice, including our core services: Design (Architecture and Engineering) Program, Project & Construction Management, Contracts, Field Operations, Environmental Compliance, Safety, Development and Implementation of new services to maintain a corporate competitive advantage.
• Provide team building opportunities, create individual development plans and career tracking in conjunction with Senior Talent Acquisition Manager.
• Work collaboratively with McKissack & McKissack Executive team, and support staff
• Delegate work and assignments to team members based on expertise, work experience, and time constraints.
• Maintain knowledge of trends, developments, new technologies, and market conditions relevant to the area and industry.
• Achieve revenue targets and account for P&L for portfolio of work.
• Must provide executive oversight for all PMCM projects., while increasing operating performance.
What We NEED You to Have:
• Bachelors (or greater) Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
• Thorough understanding of fiscal and human resource management techniques.
• Knowledge of compliance requirements and governmental regulations.
• Ability to produce sales and implement marketing strategies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and present comprehensive reports.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and organizational skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and discretion.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
What we WANT you to Have:
• Construction/Architecture License or Certification
• Minimum 10 years’ overall Architecture, Infrastructure and/or Program Management and Construction Management Experience
What you get:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company-paid holidays
• Vacation and Sick Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Commuter SmartBenefits
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to