McKissack & McKissack, an outgrowth of the oldest African American-owned architecture-engineering in the country, has a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high-profile projects for government and private sector clients. As part of the leadership team, this position will enhance people’s lives through the design and construction industry. The culture of the firm leverages teamwork, talent, integrity, fiscal and social responsibility to strengthen the delivery of its mission.
We are seeking leaders that exhibit the attributes of a great team player, Humble, Hungry and Smart:
- Humble: being of little ego; focusing more on their teammates than themselves.
- Hungry: strong work ethic and drive.
- Smart: what they say or do has a positive outcome on those around them.
The Vice President of Infrastructure will report jointly to the Vice President Operations and Chief Growth Officer in the Washington, DC Headquarters office. The leader will be a team player, with excellent internal and external communications skills. This position plans, organizes, and directs the activities of his/ her respective area to achieve the objectives of the business to maximize returns and minimize risk for the company. This will include the hiring/assignment of personnel that exhibits humble, hungry and smart attributes. Responsible for teaming partners selection and execution of the work, monitoring progress of each project to ensure financially successful resolutions. This leader will demonstrate financial responsibility and savvy business acumen. He or she guides all Infrastructure operations, budget development, revenue, profit loss, market and business development. The Vice President of Infrastructure will be responsible for capturing new work and the department’s overall goals. In addition, responsible for assisting other company regions with infrastructure pursuits.
The position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, emphasizing the ability to organize and present information to our clients. Specifically, the VP will be responsible for building and maintaining a network of client relationships such that we receive RFPs for new work and repeat business from existing clients. Responsible for capture management, and with our marketing department’s assistance, preparing responses to RFPs, including preparation, on the technical approach of technical fee proposals (including management and resourcing), preparation and delivery of interviews, development of marketing packages, etc. Participate in internal marketing meetings to coordinate and support business development activities with other offices and assist other offices as required to pursue work.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Develop, implement, and execute a strategic business plan and budget for the area, including achievement of assigned metrics such as those related to financial forecasts and customer satisfaction; Develops a five-year strategic and growth strategy for Infrastructure, updated annually and KPIs reviewed monthly.
- Develop a strategy for winning work, including business intelligence (RFP, criteria for success, etc.)
- Drive the operational performance and capabilities to surpass customer satisfaction, retention, and company goals; Provide management and oversight to staff and lead the recruitment and on-boarding of new staff.
- In conjunction with the corporate office, approves advertising and marketing campaigns; communicates and collaborates with sales and marketing teams to promote and sell new projects, programs, and systems.
- Locates and evaluates project opportunities, develops fee proposals, conducts cost analysis, estimating expected costs for the project; prepares proposals and implements a budget based on estimates.
- As Capture Manager, he/she is the lead in Identifying teaming partners, key project team members, costs, and alliances for competitive offers. Leads the development of all agreements necessary for pursuits. Leads the proposal development, including contributing to the written response (key differentiators, success factors, value proposition, technical approach, organization structure, etc.). Leads all presentation efforts for Infrastructure pursuits, including pre and post-proposal efforts.
- Provides leadership, vision, and direction for multiple aspects of the practice, including our core services: all Infrastructure projects while increasing operating performance.
- Corporate Liaison, responsible for communicating regularly with staff. Providing team-building opportunities, creating individual development plans, and career tracking in conjunction with Talent Manager.
- Work collaboratively with McKissack & McKissack Executive team and support staff.
- Responsible for promoting a team-oriented approach to responsible management of the Practice.
- Oversees an interdisciplinary team to ensure projects are completed on time and to specifications; manages all aspects of the project, from securing personnel and managing capital assets to achieving financial results.
- Delegates work and assignments to team members based on expertise, work experience, and time constraints.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, developments, new technologies, and market conditions relevant to the area and industry.
- Has revenue targets and P&L accountability for a portfolio of work.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree (or greater) in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
- Professional Engineer License in Washington, D.C. required.
- Expertise and experience in infrastructure, including water and wastewater utilities, public utility systems, and transportation systems. Including planning, design, and construction phases of the program/project.
- Knowledge regarding the remediation and removal of lead piping systems is a plus.
- Participation and leadership in technical organizations is a plus (ACEC, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability leading complex utility programs.
- Thorough understanding of fiscal and human resource management techniques.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements and governmental regulations.
- Ability to produce sales and implement marketing strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and present comprehensive reports.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and discretion.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and, at times, stressful environment.
What We Offer:
McKissack & McKissack offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter SmartBenefits
- On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack & McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer