McKissack & McKissack has a need for a Water/Wastewater Engineer in Washington, DC to join our expanding team. As a Water/Wastewater Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to be in a key role on water resources projects for public and private clients. Position requires the ability to serve as a responsible engineer for project components for large municipal clients. This position will support project teams from initial planning through design to construction. Projects will generally involve water and sewer design for local water and sewer agencies and private clients.
McKissack &McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence, and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. McKissack & McKissack seeks individuals to join our growing organization who have excellent academic and/or work experience, integrity, and client-focused attitudes.
- Complete preliminary and detailed engineering design and associated documents on a variety of water, wastewater, stormwater, and water reuse treatment and collection and distribution projects
- Perform preliminary engineering by analyzing data, performing design calculations in accordance with regulatory requirements and guidelines and evaluating options to develop the best solution
- Prepare planning and design documents, cost estimates, calculations, project drawings, and technical specifications in coordination with project managers, project engineers, CAD staff and other disciplines
- Conform to client and company standards for document and drawing preparation
- Conduct internal coordination meetings and provide substantial support for client meetings
- Work with team to ensure deliverables are executed with technical accuracy, on time and within budget
- Ensure formal QA/QC reviews are performed for each assigned project
- Assist with various construction phase office support activities including review of RFI’s and submittals, and participate in field work including construction observation activities
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum 5 years’ of project experience for municipal and/or private development related to design and design review of water/wastewater, storm, and recycled water systems including water and stormwater piping, sewers, sewer rehab, mechanical piping and lift stations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT) in DC, MD, or VA.
- Understanding or ability to gain knowledge of various local codes (MD, DC and VA) and regulations
- Experience with GIS applications preferred
- Desired Computer skills: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills including technical report writing.
- Enthusiastic, dependable, self-starter, who is organized and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
What We Offer:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter SmartBenefits
- On the Job Training and Professional Development
McKissack &McKissack is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
McKissack &McKissack is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer